Sunday, October 5, 2008

Why I love October

I often find myself overwhelmed with different emotions during this time of year.
I wanted to make a list of all the reasons why I love it so much.
  1. Waking up in the morning and putting on socks and a sweatshirt because it is a little cold.
  2. Looking out my bay window to see all the leaves changing color
  3. Snuggling on the coach with my hubby to watch football and baseball
  4. Dressing myself and my kids in warm clothes
  5. Getting out all the Halloween decorations
  6. going to the pumpkin patch
  7. Decorating and carving pumpkin's
  8. Taking my girls on a bike ride around all the neighborhood's to see everyone's houses decorated for Halloween
  9. Eating all the different squash's and beats from my garden
  10. Burning candles
  11. Baking all sorts of different goodies:)
  12. Sunday drives and walks in the canyon
  13. Being with family and friends (this time of year always brings us together more
  14. Canning peach's and making apples sauce to last the winter
  15. Finding costumes
  16. Last but not least.... Trick or treating with my kids!!! (I will be in Hawaii this year on Halloween with out my kids. I am pretty beat up over it. I guess there is always next year)

4 comments:

{jane} said...

I agree with your entire list - I love this time of year!

I'm so excited for you that you are going to Hawaii!!! I assume you and Curt are going?!?

. said...

Man, I'm bummed I'm missing out on the fall. But I will make it back just in time for Halloween and winter. The girls are getting so big. I hope all the hard work is paying off. We need to hang out when you guys get home from Hawaii!!

melissa marie said...

Fall is my favorite too!! I could live in this weather all year long, with maybe just a month of summer and another of snow. I miss you, lets do lunch again at Gurus soon!

melissa marie said...

Hey Cass I just thought I should tell you that you were in my dream last night . . . and so was Joe Lanteri, ha!