Saturday, November 15, 2008

Aloha

Curt and I were lucky enough to enjoy a very relaxing 8 days in Oahu, Hawaii last week. We arrived in Hawaii on Friday. Tika (my brother in law) picked us up at the airport and took us to our Resort where we met up with the rest of my family. My mom is a time share owner of Marriott's in Hawaii so we are always spoiled and get to stay in beautiful rooms equipped with full kitchens and living rooms. Our pool area was very fun and relaxing. There was a basketball hoop in the pool, so Curt, Tika, Kami, and Juli had fun playing two on two tackle basketball. Our beach had little lagoon's so there weren't any waves. It was perfect for swimming around, playing with Carli's kids, snorkeling, and throwing the Frisbee and football. I finally mastered the Frisbee. (yay me!!)

Tika's parents live on the North shore, about an hour from our resort. They were so generous to let us use their van for the week. We spent one of our days on the North shore. We started out by stopping at the famous Matsumoto Shaved Ice. From there we headed to Sharks Cove where there was awesome snorkeling. They saw a turtle, eels, octopus, and many schools of colorful fish. I stayed back on shore with the kids and protected my tummy. I get scared of being slammed into rocks. We then went to Tika's parents and showered off to head to the Polynesian Cultural Center. We ended the night with a feast at Tika's. His mom was so sweet to cook for us.

For dinner one night we drove into town and had dinner as a family at Chili's. It was a beautiful night. We sat outside and listened to some awesome live music. Curt and I got to enjoy several dinners by sunset. They have several restaurants just of the beach for a perfect view of the sunset's. It was very romantic. (he he)

Curt and I enjoyed just relaxing, watching our episodes of friends at night, playing cards, hanging with our family and having a little time away from our kids. We missed our girls soooo much, but it was healthy for us to have some time together with each other. We felt like honey mooner's. I love my husband so much:)
The Honey Mooner's

Me at 14 weeks. I popped right out this time.
The whole fam damily at Matsumoto shaved ice
Snorkeling at Sharks Cove



"The gang"

Polynesian Cultural Center

Curt relaxing pool side
Two on two tackle basketball

Our transportation
We fit just right:) add my mom sitting on Carli's lap

Dinner at Chili's
We figured if we got enough liqour in KoDee he'd pay the bill(ha ha)
Thanks again bro:)
Picture taken from my seat at dinner
Lagoon on the beach
My hot husband on the North Shore
Special Thanks to... Mom, Mitch and Christine for watching the kiddies and Wesley Family

12 comments:

{jane} said...

CASSIE! What an awesome trip! I LOVE the pictures, your belly is adorable. Such a great time for you and Curt to get away. It takes SO much work to leave the kids, packing their things, planning sitters and can be so stressful but the the time with your hubby is so nice. You two are so cute.

Reagan and Mike said...

That is so much fun! I'm so jealous! Its always nice to have a little getaway. which I'm realizing more and more. It's always healthy to miss your kids. (just for a little while though) =) I miss you though! Call me sometime

D'Laina said...

Fun trip! Your belly is so cute I can't believe your 14 weeks already soon you'll find out what you are having YAY!

Carli and Tika said...

Glad you had fun! Me and Tika sure had fun not having to break up the fights! (even though mine were still there to drive you crazy!)

Hightower said...

Looks like you had so much fun ;) You are always so dang cute pregnant!

Travis and Teresa Wilson said...

That sounds amazing! i am glad you guys got to get away.

Unknown said...

oh come on. I want to see you in a two piece:) I am so glad you got this vacation

Meagan + Michael said...

Wow, I cant believe your already showing! I am so jealous you guys went to Hawaii! looks like a blast.

The Wrights said...

K you look adorable prego.. I did not know it was possible to look that cute. I had no idea you were.. congrats! I am glad someone else shares my love for an early christmas! Looks like a fun trip with your family.

melissa marie said...

How beautiful!!! That is awesome you guys got to have some time to yourselves, it is important. Kimball and I have yet to take a little trip of our own. Someday. I miss you!

The Westovers said...

I'm Totally jealous! So number three, your awesome! I love seeing you and car at Costco!

Ashley said...

So fun...I love your belly you are so cute! And of course the picture of every crammed into the van is classic!