Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy 24th Cassie Rose



I thought it would be fun to think back on some of the fun, happy, sad, and life changing things that have happened to me in the last 24 years.

  • Dec 1st 1984- I was born in Orem Utah to Kelly and Juli Montgomery
  • 18 months later my first sister Carli was born
  • At age 6 my next sister Kami was born
  • Age 8 I was baptized and I moved to a new home in a new neighborhood. That means making new friends. This is where my life really took a turn. I am still friends with these people today.
  • Jr. high I played on the tennis and basketball team and played softball in the summer.
  • Age 14 (9th grade) my father passed away. I would say this changed my life for the better. It helped me see what's really important in life. I became a nicer person and made new friends at school. These girls all danced so I took a dance class at school. I really started to like it and decided to sign up at Center Stage.
  • Literally over night I went from the basketball gym to the dance studio. This changed my relationship with my mom a lot. She is a sports fan and was always my coach. I went from seeing her for hours in the gym, to only saying good morning and good night. She new nothing of the dance world and felt helpless. It was really sad but an exciting change for me.
  • I spent the next four years basically living at Center Stage. I loved every minute of dance. Some of my best friends were there and dancing always makes me happy.
  • In high school I had a great time dancing with the high school dance team, dating boys, hanging out with my friends and just having plain old innocent fun.
  • I starting dating Curt my Senior year and had a hard time staying focused on school:)
  • Age 18- The week after graduation I moved to Rain Tree apartments with my best girlfriends. We had a great time.
  • Age 18-I got my first real job at Sizzler and started my first season with Odyssey Dance Theater. I was lucky enough to travel around the US and to a few other countries. This was a great time in my life. I met a lot of new great friends.
  • April 17th 2004 I married my best friend Curt
  • 4 months later, I became pregnant
  • I worked for an insurance company all during my pregnancy and began teaching dance
  • May 18th 2005 I was given the best gift one can receive, Hallie Rose was born
  • Curt and I had a lot of fun in our summer and falls playing co-ed softball.
  • I was lucky enough to be a mother and still perform, dancing with Origins
  • Dec 2006 Mayzie Ray was born
  • 4 months later and I was able to begin performing again
Today I am 24, pregnant, have a loving husband and 2 beautiful daughters, teach dance, play indoor soccer, still live in Orem (yay, I never want to move) I am surrounded by all my best friends and family and am very happy.

Thanks to all of you for making my life what it has been and will be. You have all touched my life in some way:)

My Sweet girls in their Christmas Dresses

10 comments:

The Wrights said...

I hope you have had a wonderful Birthday! Best wishes! You are a wonderful person.. you deserve the best!

{jane} said...

happy birthday! I loved reading all of that, you are so incredible. I love how you have balanced so many things in your life, of only 24 years!

I hope your day is perfect! We love you! happy happy 24 years!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Cassie! I hope it was wonderful. Your girls are adorable!!!

Reagan and Mike said...

again Happy Birthday Cass. It does make me miss the good old days a little :) see ya thurs!

Meagan + Michael said...

Happy late birthday! I'm a bad cousin. I hope you had a great day, I love you!

Karleen said...

Happy Birthday Cassie. You are such a sweet girl I hope you had a good day. Your girls are so cute.

Carli and Tika said...

HAppy Birthday to my best friend, and sister! Oooo How lucky am I? I get them both in one person! Love ya!

Travis and Teresa Wilson said...

Happy Birthday Cass I hope you had a great day. Once again your girls are adorable!

Ashley said...

I hope you had a wonderful birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

Cassie, I miss you so much! I'm glad you had a happy birthday. Isn't it weird we are 24 years old. Sometimes I can't believe it myself. I love reading about your family. It makes me happy to kinda stay in contact. I'm sorry I'm not the best blogger in the world. I will get better since we might be moving to Arizona pretty soon for medical school and I won't be seeing anyone. That makes me sad, but atleast we have blogs right. Well miss ya and hope to hear from you soon.