Monday, March 2, 2009

A Poem for the Ladies

Someone will always be prettier.
Someone will always be smarter.
Some of their houses will be bigger.
Some will drive a better car.
Their children will do better in school.
And their husbands will fix more things around the house.
So let it go, and love you and your circumstances
Think about it!
The prettiest woman in the world can have pain in her heart. 
The most highly favored woman on your job may be unable to have children.
The richest woman you know, she's got the car, the house, the clothes,
might be lonely.
And the word says, "If I have not love, I am nothing." 
So, again, love you and Love who you are.
Look in the mirror in the morning and smile and say,
"I am too blessed to be stressed and too anointed to be disappointed"

I love this poem! We as women are always too hard on ourselves.  I always try not to compare myself to others.  It always seems to get me down when I do.  I am so thankful for everything I have, especially all of you other women who understand me.  Thanks for your friendship and love:)

9 comments:

Carli and Tika said...

Easier said then done thats for sure!!! I love and appreciate your friendship!

Natalie and Craig said...

thats funny you didn't know i was engaged! I always assume everyone knows and forget to tell people! ha ha! yeah craig is an amazing guy, he is so good to me! i am just getting very ancy to get married, everything is almost ready, now its just sit and wait!

Unknown said...

Thanks. That's just what I needed.

Anonymous said...

Your the best cassie.
Love ya miss ya.
Brandy

us... said...

I love it! This is one that needs to be blown up and put on the mirror! You look fabulous by the way! I read that you are moving right after the baby? I am so sorry...thats what we were going to do and I ended up staying. It was just too hard. But being with out the husband isn't easy either. I wish you the best of luck! I cannot wait to see this little ford baby boy!

melissa marie said...

I miss you Cass. When are you going to Tennesee? Let's do lunch before then.

melissa marie said...

How does Thurs, April 9th work for you? Lunch time- ish?

Reagan and Mike said...

sounds good i'll hold you to it! next time we go out i'll give you a call. when do you guys leave for the summer again?

Anonymous said...

Hey Cassie. So I hear your moving down south huh. That sounds fun. I have never been to Tennessee before, so I'm not much help for ya there. But what I was going to say is that you should give me your number and we should go to lunch or something before your baby boy comes. Anyway, write back if your interested. Miss ya.
Brandy
P.S. how was savannah's baby shower?